Recommended 8 hours a night
- A quiet environment
- A freshly made up bed
- Dark except for a dim lamp
- Cool and fresh room
- Comfortable Pajamas
- A bedtime routine which lets your body know it’s time to sleep. A hot drink, a short reading from a book that relaxes, a bath/shower are all things to start the body and mind to unwind.
- Lavender promotes sleep. A client of mine likes to light a nightlight that brings a relaxing lavender scent in her room..
- Designated room for Sleep. Consider setting up your house so that your bedroom is only used for sleeping or relaxing. Your brain will enter alpha state in this room.
- Electronic Devices on the contrary are Beta or higher frequency. These should be reserved to the living area away from your sleeping area.
- Relax your mind with a body scan meditation.
Feng Shui offers insight into bed position for a better nights sleep.