Yesterday I looked at the bananas in my fruit bowl and felt sorry that i didn’t eat them earlier in the week…Then i had an idea…I could make Banana Bread.
So i looked up the recipes and decided on one that had almost everthing i had in my cupboard already. I had to get a few bits so off to Tesco I went with my list.
The recipe i used is simple and easy. It takes an hour to cook and its i an oven 180c.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (nonfat or regular)
- 3 very ripe, darkly specked bananas, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup raisin/cherries
- Put all the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix them up well.
- Then mix the salt to the flour and baking powder together first then sieve so no lumps.
- Add the sugar to the flour mix.
- Now you make a hole in the centre of the flour mix and add about 1/3 of wet mix in the centre stiring in the flour mix from the sides as you stir, add the next third and keep stirring in the wet with dry, then the last 1/3 and mix until the flour has all been mixed in.
- Make sure you have a loaf tin that is lined with parchment paper.
- Cook at 180c.
Bake the bread for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool completely in the pan before using the parchment paper overhangs to life the bread out of the pan to slice and serve.
Leave a Reply